Planning a fundraising event is easy. Just follow these simple steps!
1. Choose a Fundraising Idea
Choose what type of fundraiser you would like to host, as an individual, school or corporation.
Do you know anyone that would be willing to donate items or services to raise funds for your event (Tickets to games, theatre tickets, concerts, premium parking spots for a month, lunch with a Senior Executive, shadow a senior person for a day, coffee with your boss, etc.)?
Let people in your neighbourhood know that you will be coming around to collect empty bottles the day after New Year’s Eve, Saint Patrick’s Day, etc. Collect the bottles and turn them in to the bottle depot.
Have a traditional pancake breakfast at work or in your neighborhood and either set a price or ask for donations!
2. Sign & submit a Fundraising Agreement Form
Wait for approval and for a designated Development Officer to be assigned to you
3. Once approved, we will send you a fundraising toolkit that answers all of their fundraising questions
4. Continue planning & executing your event.
- set-up online fundraiser with us (see Fund Raising Agreement Form)
- get offline donation forms & ensure proper tracking of donor information for tax receipting purposes
- approach sponsors if needed
- use social media to spread the word
- invite family & friends