Planning a fundraising event is easy. Just follow these simple steps!
1. Choose a Fundraising Idea
We have created an Event Handbook, linked below, to help answer some of your questions about hosting an event and how we can support your fundraising ideas.
We can also provide additional information if you are looking at school or corporate fundraising.
Charity head shaves have long been a popular way of raising money for good causes. The idea is very simple and a great attention grabber, guaranteed to attract publicity to your good cause.
Golf tournaments can be very successful fundraising events, when done right. Of course, the player registration fee provides a baseline for obtaining funds; however, there are plenty of opportunities to raise money before, during and after the tournament takes place.
With so many charity run/walks, you’d think the nonprofit community would be out of ideas, but this type of event continues to raise money year after year.
2. Sign & submit a Fundraising Agreement Form
Wait for approval and for a designated Development Officer to be assigned to you
3. Once approved, we will send you a fundraising toolkit that answers all of your fundraising questions
4. Continue planning & executing your event.
- set-up online fundraiser with us (see Fund Raising Agreement Form)
- get offline donation forms & ensure proper tracking of donor information for tax receipting purposes
- approach sponsors if needed
- use social media to spread the word
- invite family & friends