The Scotiabank Calgary Marathon has turned VIRTUAL!
Did you know that the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon raises $600,000 to $1,000,000 for up to 90 charities every year? The Alberta Cancer Foundation is one of those charities! You can help us build a better and stronger community by participating in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
All races run right through the heart of your neighbourhood for you to experience the city’s breathtaking views, new finds and western hospitality when you run, walk or wheel in the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon, Half-Marathon, 10K, 5k or 50K . The new virtual component ends September 27th.
When you complete your registration consider a gift, large or small, to make an even bigger difference for Albertans facing cancer at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. Every dollar counts and 100% raised will come back to the Alberta Cancer Foundation, even credit card processing fees.
When you register, there are a number of prizes you can win, along with the ability to raise SCENE points when you fundraise for the Alberta Cancer Foundation. If you aren’t interested in the prizing, you can register for FREE as a virtual fundraiser and participant!
Simply click the link https://raceroster.com/events/2020/23445/scotiabank-calgary-marathon-2020?aff=YRHHY&aff=YRHHY to register and choose the Alberta Cancer Foundation to support upon signing up! Join us to make a real difference for patients facing cancer across the province!
WHAT IS PUTTING FORE A PURPOSE?
This new virtual fundraising initiative is open to all Albertan residents looking to support Albertans facing cancer, while enjoying a round of golf with their friends this August. Think of it as a month-long social distanced golf tournament for a good cause! There are two ways you can participate:
- Day of Golf: We have partnered with various Alberta golf courses, who will be dedicating a Day of Golf to drive awareness and raise funds for the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
- Virtual Golf Initiative: You and your group can designate a round of golf at a course of your choosing, by pledging a donation in support of Albertans facing cancer.
Whether you dedicate a round through our Virtual Golf Initiative, or participate in one of our partnering courses Day of Golf events, the rules are simple:
- Book a tee time and pay your green fee as you normally would.
- Register on our official site (still to come) and make a recommended donation of $50 or over per golfer.
- If you sign up through a Day of Golf – you will be given your bag tag and a golf cart flag at the course, to show you are golfing for Albertans facing cancer. If you are joining the Virtual Golf Initiative and would like a bag tag, we can arrange to have those delivered to you at home.
- Print off an official “Putting Fore a Purpose” score card and submit your round via social media to be eligible for various prizes using #puttingforeapurpose.
- Play a fun round of golf. Coordinate a group of your favorite golfers and set up challenges to create some friendly completion. If you want to get real competitive, challenge each person to pledge an extra donation for lost balls, mulligans, double bogies or highest net score.
- Check out our Albertans Helping Albertans silent auction (still to come), open from August 1st – 31st, 2020, highlighting Alberta’s tourism industry and bid on unique experiences to support the beauty of our province and all it has to offer.
By registering a corporate group in our virtual golf initiative, you can practice physical distancing while getting out on the links, and making a difference in your community. Considering working with one of our public course partners to book a group of tee times to bring your employees together in a restriction-friendly way. Host a series of challenges to raise funds and create some friendly competition among your staff and stakeholders.
From north to south, east to west, Albertans have one thing in common – a love for their province, their people and their communities. Known for our friendliness, resilience, generosity and good citizenship, Albertans have a lot to be proud of.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is thrilled to announce the Big Blue Sky Gala – an event that celebrates all things Albertan, while providing support to our friends, family and neighbors facing cancer in our province. This inaugural event taking place in both Calgary and Edmonton will celebrate Alberta’s land, history, and diverse cultures in everything from music, art, sport and cuisine. From its rich landscapes, golden grain fields and clear blue skies, Alberta is a beautiful place and we can’t wait to showcase all it has to offer and all we can accomplish, together.
November 19, 2020 at the Big Four Roadhouse.