WHAT IS PUTTING FORE A PURPOSE?
This new virtual fundraising initiative is open to all Albertan residents looking to support Albertans facing cancer, while enjoying a round of golf with their friends this August. Think of it as a month-long social distanced golf tournament for a good cause! There are two ways you can participate:
- Day of Golf: We have partnered with various Alberta golf courses, who will be dedicating a Day of Golf to drive awareness and raise funds for the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
- Virtual Golf Initiative: You and your group can designate a round of golf at a course of your choosing, by pledging a donation in support of Albertans facing cancer.
Whether you dedicate a round through our Virtual Golf Initiative, or participate in one of our partnering courses Day of Golf events, the rules are simple:
- Book a tee time and pay your green fee as you normally would.
- Register on our official site (still to come) and make a recommended donation of $50 or over per golfer.
- If you sign up through a Day of Golf – you will be given your bag tag and a golf cart flag at the course, to show you are golfing for Albertans facing cancer. If you are joining the Virtual Golf Initiative and would like a bag tag, we can arrange to have those delivered to you at home.
- Print off an official “Putting Fore a Purpose” score card and submit your round via social media to be eligible for various prizes using #puttingforeapurpose.
- Play a fun round of golf. Coordinate a group of your favorite golfers and set up challenges to create some friendly completion. If you want to get real competitive, challenge each person to pledge an extra donation for lost balls, mulligans, double bogies or highest net score.
- Check out our Albertans Helping Albertans silent auction (still to come), open from August 1st – 31st, 2020, highlighting Alberta’s tourism industry and bid on unique experiences to support the beauty of our province and all it has to offer.
By registering a corporate group in our virtual golf initiative, you can practice physical distancing while getting out on the links, and making a difference in your community. Considering working with one of our public course partners to book a group of tee times to bring your employees together in a restriction-friendly way. Host a series of challenges to raise funds and create some friendly competition among your staff and stakeholders.
Give a Breath 5k run/walk virtual race 2020! We invite you to take part in helping raise awareness and donations toward early detection and a cure for Lung Cancer. Register to take part in this year’s virtual race. Each participant will receive a virtual bib and link to join our race via Strava. There will be prizes for top fundraisers and for the top 3 male and female racers!
From north to south, east to west, Albertans have one thing in common – a love for their province, their people and their communities. Known for our friendliness, resilience, generosity and good citizenship, Albertans have a lot to be proud of.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is thrilled to announce the Big Blue Sky Gala – an event that celebrates all things Albertan, while providing support to our friends, family and neighbors facing cancer in our province. This inaugural event taking place in both Calgary and Edmonton will celebrate Alberta’s land, history, and diverse cultures in everything from music, art, sport and cuisine. From its rich landscapes, golden grain fields and clear blue skies, Alberta is a beautiful place and we can’t wait to showcase all it has to offer and all we can accomplish, together.
November 5, 2020 at the J.W. Marriott in the Ice District in Edmonton