Working in partnership with CancerControl Alberta, the Alberta Cancer Foundation’s Building Excellence Program provides annual support for professional development and educational opportunities to Alberta Health Services healthcare professionals in the area of cancer care. The Building Excellence Program is designed to support opportunities that will enable healthcare professionals to enhance patient experience to world class levels at the cancer centres throughout Alberta.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is pleased to invite applications for the following:
- The Dr. Solomon Levin Memorial Award will be used to support professional growth and education of individuals through attendance at educational opportunities related to palliative care.
- The Denise Melanson Bursary will be used to attend approved conferences, workshops, or other educational opportunities focusing on patient safety.
- The Marlene Mysak Oncology Staff Education Bursary will be used to attend approved conferences, workshops, or other educational opportunities related to cancer care. This award is exclusive to oncology staff at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre and Holy Cross in Calgary.
- The Beneteau-Butler Award is to provide support for nursing education in the province of Alberta.
- Award in Palliative Care will be used for professional growth and education through attendance of educational opportunities related to Palliative Care. Preference to the CCI Department of Symptom Control & Palliative Care Staff at the Cross Cancer Institute.
Submission Deadline Date – February 6, 2020
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is partnering with two other organizations for an exciting new investment opportunity. The Cancer Detection Challenge is led by Alberta Innovates, and sponsored by Alberta Cancer Foundation and DynaLIFE Medical Labs. We are inviting members of the Alberta cancer technology, research and clinical communities to identify and support the development of technology to detect and diagnose cancer earlier, improving outcomes for Alberta patients with cancer.