The Foundation seeks to invest in research and programs that will improve outcomes and enhance care for Alberta patients facing cancer.
We set our investment priorities based on the potential to lead to progress on our strategic goals. Clinicians, healthcare professionals, researchers, patients and families help us determine those priorities. We then “source” initiatives and programs that align with them. These will be specific investments made in transformative opportunities, foundational infrastructure, and innovations leading to improved patient outcomes due to better clinical practice and care. All of our investments are focused on achieving impact and measurable outcomes in relation to one or more of these strategic goals:
- Detect Cancer Earlier
- Improve Cancer Treatments
- Improve Quality of Life for Albertans Facing Cancer
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer
Our four strategic goals are only achievable if the Alberta Cancer Foundation successfully makes investments that improve patient outcomes and impact, aligns with the strategic goals, engages donors to generate sufficient revenue and ensures sustainability.
Our Investment Strategy
- We mean business. The Alberta Cancer Foundation takes a business approach to philanthropy. We see our donors as investors – providing a solid return on their investment by pushing for progress and delivering results for Alberta’s cancer patients, faster.
- We invest for impact. The Alberta Cancer Foundation invests over $20 million annually across the province in initiatives and programs that have a direct impact on Albertans facing cancer.
- We collaborate. The Alberta Cancer Foundation understands that collaboration speeds progress. We bring together donors, patients, health-care providers and researchers to unlock solutions that alone, would be unthinkable.